Case Study: Government agency requires assistance creating subsidiary financial statements
Designated as a separate financial reporting entity, the client was required to prepare comprehensive subsidiary financial statements and related notes beginning in the new fiscal year.
- Assisted the client's accounting and financial systems branch in addressing day-to-day requirements.
- Provided support for OMB A-123 Appendix A Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements and pre-CFO Act audit services for the course of the project.
- Provided support by developing and presenting briefing, training, and conference coordination, and by generating and revising policies and guidelines.
- Provided program management office (PMO) support and administrative services.
- Enabled compliance with OMB A-123 Appendix A requirements and highlighted internal/external risks to financial business objectives.
- Improved accuracy of financial information, reducing costs and boosting the client's ability to produce auditable, stand-alone financial statements and footnotes in compliance with OMB requirements for sound ICOFR.