Case Study: Federal agency requires program management, change management, strategic communications
The client was managing an ambitious project to procure and implement a department-wide integrated financial, asset, and acquisition management solution. The client required program management, change management, and strategic communications subject matter expertise to support the multimillion-dollar acquisition and resulting program.
- Developed and tracked the status of acquisition documents, facilitated status meetings with stakeholders, tracked risks, and managed against the project schedule.
- Supported updates to core project documents such as the program management plan.
- Initiated the development of a framework for managing the process change that accompanied the solution.
- Facilitated the development of business process descriptions for the solution.
- Managed the creation of core documents for the acquisition review board, which successfully approved the acquisition and its plans.
- Established an enduring program management structure and operations that the solution required as a high-visibility, high-dollar, and high-priority project.
- Incorporated a unique focus on strategic planning and communications into the program management methodology, which set the stage for successful forward transition as the solution continues to progress and evolve.