Case Study: Federal agency develops strategic communications plan to support acquisition management
The client was managing an ambitious project to procure and implement a department-wide integrated financial, asset, and acquisition management solution to replace existing systems. The client required program management, change management, and strategic communications subject matter expertise to support the multimillion-dollar acquisition and resulting program.
- Provided communications strategy and counsel to ensure approach was aligned with the management plan and offered clear, accurate, and consistent communications.
- Updated the communication plan to include executable strategies and tactics to increase awareness with a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Prepared and contributed to executive briefings, talking points, and status updates reviewed by high-level agency departments and stakeholders, Congress, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Conducted targeted outreach to CFO offices to proactively seize and utilize internal communication opportunities.
- Established an enduring program management structure and operations that the solution required as a high-visibility, high-dollar, and high-priority project.
- Incorporated a unique focus on strategic planning and communications into the program management methodology, which set the stage for successful forward transition as the solution continues to progress and evolve.