Shawn Degnan leads MorganFranklin's initial public offering (IPO) readiness services, specifically serving the high-growth and technology markets. He also oversees client service delivery and business and people development, drawing on more than 17 years of domestic and international experience managing large teams for public and privately held companies.
Shawn has led numerous successful IPO readiness efforts for clients preparing to enter the public markets, assisting with the audit and SAS 100 review process, internal control design gap analysis, and preparation of S-X compliant financial statements and registration statements. He is experienced in transaction advisory services, financial reporting, accounting support, and technical accounting, primarily in revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, complex equity instruments, and stock-based compensation. He has also led post-merger integration services for multimillion-dollar acquisitions, providing project management around financial process and technology redesign.
Prior to joining MorganFranklin, Shawn spent 12 years with Ernst & Young LLP in the Assurance practice leading the audits of several large, global SEC registrants and advising clients on complex accounting and reporting matters. He also completed a three-year international rotation in the Global Capital Markets Group in Frankfurt, Germany, leading multiple public filings into U.S., European, and Asian markets.
"What's at stake for MorganFranklin during an IPO readiness project? It's everything that the client is feeling. It's the joy of the IPO, the impact on the business, the success factor. That's all that this ever means—helping clients succeed—because if they succeed, we succeed."
- IPO Readiness
- Post-Merger Integration
- Global Capital Markets
- Transaction Services
- SEC Reporting
- Technical Accounting
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Compliance
- U.S. GAAP & U.S. GAAS Audits
- High Technology
- Financial Services
- Media & Entertainment
- Entrepreneur.com | What You Must Do Before Taking Your Company Public
- IPO Readiness: What Every Company Needs to Know Before Ringing the Bell
Memberships & Activities
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce (FCCC), Board of Directors
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, Board of Directors
- Bachelor of Science: Accounting, Finance, and Internal Audit, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Virginia