Geoff Harkness leads complex business and technology transformation efforts, including IT strategy and optimization, enterprise resource planning (ERP), business intelligence (BI), enterprise risk management (ERM), data management, and shared service centers. He aligns business processes and IT infrastructure to help clients realize cost savings, accelerate performance, and sustain strategic flexibility to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Geoff is an experienced management and IT consulting executive who delivers high return-on-investment (ROI) projects and transformational solutions incorporating a wide range of applications and technologies. He is adept at managing the change and human capital alignment involved with the introduction and adoption of new business processes and technology, and he specializes in the strategic planning, implementation, and independent verification and validation (IV&V) of solutions that improve business operations. Geoff has led numerous business transformation initiatives ranging from short-term operational efficiency workshops to large-scale, multinational organizational redesign and system integration efforts.
Prior to joining MorganFranklin, Geoff served as partner at Duty First Consulting LLC and vice president of public services at Breakthrough Management Group International, Inc. He also spent more than 10 years as managing director in a variety of roles at BearingPoint, Inc. (formerly KPMG LLP and KPMG Consulting, Inc.), and he served as a management consultant at Ernst & Young, LLP.
"The client experience is a collaborative, trust-based process that allows me to leverage my passion for coaching. We must bring a fresh, analytical perspective to the most pressing business, people, and technology challenges that our clients face. This involves capitalizing on the skills and experience of a diverse set of client and consulting team members to achieve exceptional results."
- Program Management
- IT Strategy
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Human Capital Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Business Intelligence, Data Management & Analytics
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Improvement
- Health Care
- Academic Medical Centers
- Higher Education
- High Technology
- U.S. Federal Government
- IT Business Edge | How to Manage Multiple Cloud Relationships
- Compliance Week | Financial Compliance Teams Await Tech Help on Revenue Rule
- FierceBigData | How to Get the Most From Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive Analytics
- Profitability in the Age of Analytics: Becoming a Data-Driven Organization
- InformationWeek DarkReading.com | 5 Ways You're Wasting Compliance Dollars
Memberships & Activities
- New Hope Housing, Board Member
- Best Buddies Virginia, Past Advisory Board Member & Vice Chairman
- West Virginia University National Capital Area Chapter Alumni Association, Past Board Member
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Annual Ball, Past Executive Committee Member
- Bachelor of Science: Management, West Virginia University
- Master of Business Administration: Finance & Information Systems, University of Pittsburgh